Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner, and in southeastern Wisconsin, that is the official kick-off to summer fun in Lake Country! We’ve survived another long cold winter (and spring) and are ready to enjoy the lakes and other outdoor activities the lake country has to offer. If you are lucky enough to live on a lake in a Colby Construction custom-built home, you have probably already been out on the water. Here’s a list of fun ideas and things to plan over the next months of summer with your family, children, grandchildren, and friends.
Summer Fun in Lake Country in Your Custom Built Home
- Hike at Lapham Peak State Park and climb the observation tower. The top of the tower is the highest point in Waukesha County. It’s conveniently located just south of HWY 94 and HWY C.
- Check out Pewaukee Lakefront. With cute shops and restaurants, a full beach, live music on Wednesday nights from 6:00 – 8:30 PM, and waterski shows on Thursday nights, there is certainly something for everyone!
- Badgerland Ski Team puts on ski shows throughout the summer on different lakes. Take in a show from Foolery’s or Smoke on the Water on Okauchee Lake, and from Fowler Park in Oconomowoc.
- Don’t forget your furry family member! Get your dog out to the dog park at Nashotah County Park on HWY C. After, take a nice hike through the park with the entire family.
- Summer means ice cream, and there’s not a better summer treat than pulling up to the drive-in. The Kiltie is open for summer, so enjoy lunch, dinner, or a treat at the old-fashioned, authentic location in Oconomowoc.
- Did you know that there is an outdoor theatre at Lapham Peak State Park? Enjoy a show at “Summer Stage” surrounded by the outdoors. There are a variety of entertainment options, from live music to plays and musicals.
- Enjoy a summer night in our local communities. Downtown Delafield features “Ladies Nights”, the Annual Block Party from July 8-10, and Art Festivals. Nixon Park in Hartland features live music on Thursday nights from 7:00 to 9:00 PM, as well as an outdoor beer garden.
- Summer also means fireworks and 4th of July Celebrations. Hartland will display fireworks on June 24th, and other communities and lakes will be letting their fireworks off on the 3rd and 4th of July. There are community parades on the 4th of July in both Delafield and Stone Bank. Oconomowoc’s parade will be on Saturday, July 2nd.
- There is always something fun happening in Oconomowoc throughout the summer. A few of the highlights include: Bands at the Beach, beginning June 3, with live music from 7:00-10:00 PM and Moonlit Movies beginning on June 16th. A favorite to many is the Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts, which will be held this summer on August 20th and 21st.
- The gardens of the Lake Country area are plentiful, so get your fresh fruits and vegetables at any one of the local Farmer’s Markets. Delafield and Oconomowoc both hold theirs on Saturday mornings, Hartland’s is held on Sundays, and Pewaukee and Okauchee’s are held on Wednesday afternoons.
- There are so many activity options to enjoy outdoors in Lake Country! Get on one of the wonderful trails and go for a bike ride, walk or run on the Bug Line, Lake Country or Glacier Drumlin State trails. Check out one of the many area golf courses for a round, or try a game of tennis or pickleball on one of the many local courts.
- Take a child or children to one of the fabulous parks in the area. Hartland’s Nixon Park features a splash pad, and Delafield’s Cushing Memorial park features a fun castle play experience.
- And don’t forget about all of the beautiful lakes in Lake Country. Paddleboard, fish, swim, kayak – whatever you love to do in the water, be sure to enjoy that.
There are so many wonderful events and activities to participate in for a few short months, so plan out your summer fun in Lake Country and join your fellow community members exploring the area. If you are looking to build your dream home in Lake Country or on one of the beautiful lakes, contact Colby Construction to help you build your dream today!